Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21, Changes

I've been praying really hard.  There's a house up the street that we've been interested in.  It needs a lot of work, but they only want $12k for it.  We only had a bit over half that amount saved (we don't pay rent while living with his grandparents).  Since she wanted cash, we had planned to just keep saving until we could buy it out right.  Today, Justin's aunt told us to call the owner, that she had gotten another offer on the house. 

To make a long(er) story short, we arranged payments, we give her what we have saved, and pay $530 a month for the next year, and it'll be paid off.  In the meantime, we can start cleaning it out and making it actually habitable.  It has about an acre yard, and even if we put $20k into fixing it up, the house would have only cost us about $30k.  Not bad at all.

I went way over on calories today.  Even if I had stuck with the 650 calories that I've been getting before dinner, I'd probably be over.  But instead, I had about half a cheesecake today.  Maybe more.  Being conscious of what I was eating meant I kept my calories to 2,000 or so. 

It's time for sleep, it's been a long week.  Laterness & g'night.

No comments: