Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Create in me something of beauty

So... Florida seems to be in the middle of... Something. Or maybe the guy at the temp agency is just thinking about how long I've been out of much other than what I was doing. The problem is, I hated my job. Overall it probably wasn't a bad job per se, but I found it to be blvery boring. Yea, the guy at the temp agency/placement agency said that the people most likely to hire me are other manufacturing companies. So, I took it hard. I'm going to have to do something because the whole situation has me mildly unhappy anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love being around my family, but I miss Justin more than I could say (he's miserable as well, but part of that is just having his sister there). I also so wish I either had more say over how my 14 yo nephew acts, or I was in my own place. I can't really say much because my parents override me. They're the ones raising him, I just hate to see him walk all over them.

Food has only been okay, not stellar like I was doing. But all that is going to change. Mom and I are going to work on menus and hopefully I won't have any more 15 hour days restocking candy shelves. The candy wasn't appealing, but at hour 11 or so my blood sugar would do something so I'd feel unsteady on my feet. The pay will be nice tho, once I get it.

I need to find steady work, but peicemeal will work for the short term. I'm beginning to wonder if the mixed feelings and second thoughts were something telling me this was a bad idea. But if anything happens to either of my parents, my sister or myself would be the one to take care of them. Two of my brothers are losing their sight from the same hereditary/degenerative disease my stepdad has. The other brother and his wife live on the other side of this sprawl called a city.

I think I worked off the fried stuff I had for dinner on Tues. Yesterday I made better choices overall. I'm finding it much harder to control my food when I'm living with my parents. It will work out in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lena - so good to see you're still posting on the blog. i can't wait to get caught up on them. already i can say it is inspiring the way you are still so focused on good food and exercise after moving across the country and moving back in with family.
sheryl