Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, July 29, 2011

Slowly

I'm not doing what I should be. I need to print out my plan, shop for the foods and start totally on plan. Right now I'm eating what I feel like, and we all know how poorly that works. So.. ???

I'm not doing the food shopping. Mom doesn't want to eat the same thing every day. That's how I do best. Make things boring. Make it so I know exactly what to eat for any meal. I need to find a way to really exercise again too. Swimming hasn't been a priority. We've had a few evening rainstorms, and I can't be in the pool when there's thunder and lightning. And the rain has dropped the pool temperature. It might not sound like much, but it makes it cold to swim.

Walks happen sometimes, but its not enough to get my blood pumping since I have to go at the boy's pace. 2 yo's don't run fast.

My plan, what there is of it is to go to the writing group I belong to and ask for help to get my writing income up. I'm hoping they can walk me through what I need to do. I have a modest goal. Not the six figure amount that's possible, but less than half the amount I'd need to make monthly for that type of income. I wouldn't mind working my way up to that amount.

With that amount, I could get us into a place so Justin can move down. I could go grocery shopping and get what I need to eat. I could either buy a treadmill or get a gym membership.

What else? Get to where I'm blogging every day. Get a real schedule again. Do what I can to get a job doing what I want to do. Oh wait, that's writing. I certainly don't want to get a job in manufacturing again. I'd rather get a job at home period.

I'm praying for contentment with what I have. Right now I'm jealous of what my sister has. Other than the weight that is. She and I are the same size. I'm going to lose the next 50 lbs so I can be healthy.

All I want is a place to live and to be able to pay my bills/clear my credit report. I'd also like to be able to save for retirement. Scratch that, I need to save for retirement. I don't expect social security to provide for anything in 20 years and I don't want to have to work like Mom does. A dear friend of mine is playing the lottery as his retirement plan. That's not a real plan but its more than I'm doing and I'm older than he is. Only by 4 years. He's 6 months older than Justin.

Anyway, getting ready for school. The girl needed a vaccine. Its done and its time to head out.

No comments: