Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, January 10

So apparently I still haven't picked up the habit of posting.  I need to focus on it more.

Weigh in is down 2.4 lbs this week.  From 197.2 to 194.8

That said, I've been doing some thinking about something someone said on Allan's blog.  I said I can't control what I eat, just how much, and they called bullshit.

So I started thinking about this.  Right now, we're living with relatives.  I'm not working, and they're supplying everything for food and drink unless we buy soda.  Yes, my husband is working, but I'm trying to get a few things paid off and keep gas in the cars until I get a job, not to mention paying my cell phone bill and car insurance.

When I was living with my parents, I could ask mom to buy certain foods.  I could make what I wanted to eat without causing a major drama situation.  I was working, so if I chose to buy something for myself, like strawberries for a smoothie, I could and she didn't say anything.

With the grandparents, if I try to buy food once I'm working, I'll be told that there's no room for it.  My husband's sister used to stay here, and had food stamps and that's what she was told.  My husband has been told the same as well.  Even if I make something different for the kids for dinner, I get snide comments about them needing to eat what everyone else does.  

On days that there's fried chicken or country fried steak, I simply eat everything but the meat without making an issue about it.  They try to push food off on me, and I just say no thanks.

I'm not in the easiest situation right now, but I'm doing the best I can.  I can tell you that I'm so looking forward to having my own place so I can have chicken, broccoli and baked potato with butter spray.  Heck, any veggie that's not canned would be wonderful.  I'd love a smoothie right now, I'm craving one like you wouldn't believe.  I have to find someplace with a sugar free one in town, maybe the new place near Hobby Lobby has something.

Anyway, I'm out for now.  Laterness & g'night.

No comments: