Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday, January 24

I had a job interview today for a Help Desk position with a fairly large company here.  Not the company I used to work for, and I totally like what the guy said today about how this company expands.  Only one problem...

About 2 hours before my interview, my Marine texted me.  He needed my current address to be able to set up power of attorney for himself.  He's going to be deployed in March, and I will have limited power of attorney to keep track of things while he's gone.  Like registering his vehicle, or if his stuff needs to be moved for an unforeseen reason.  Great.  Ok, I can take this, I knew he was going to be deployed to Afghanistan in March.

Then he breaks the news to me, he's not a computer tech for the Marines right now, he's an MP.  Apparently the commander didn't like that my Marine was married to one of the (female) radio operators in the same office where my Marine should be working.  They're separated and possibly getting divorced right now, but the commander wanted them working in different areas.  So my Marine is now an MP, and will be an MP in Afghanistan.

Momma's not happy.  In fact, I'm still a bit weepy about the whole situation.  I'll bet you can see where this is going, right?  Yea, the job interview consisted of me getting weepy, explaining why to the guy I was interviewing with (thankfully retired Army, so he understood).  The rest of my interview has been rescheduled for next Tuesday.

I'm feeling miserable today anyway, more and more like we're in the way here at the grandparents house.  My husband is feeling this way too tonight, so I'm not the only one.  But we're supposed to be buying a house, and the person isn't planning on selling it til April, so we're stuck unless we want to rent a cheap trailer somewhere.  Even then, I need a job to be able to pay off the other utilities so we can afford to get them turned on anywhere.

We did get offered a paper route today.  Hubby works for the local newspaper in the mail room, and he used to deliver this route.  The woman who took it over isn't able to do it any more.  The grandparents think we shouldn't take it because gas prices are $3.04 a gallon, but it's only 1.5 hours a day, and it's more money coming in with his hours being cut.  We'll make a bit less than we were when we did the route before, but that's the nature of paper routes.  When we did it before, gas prices were closer to $3.40, so I think it'll work out.

So, I sit here nauseous.  Miserable.  Upset.  And wondering where the upbeat part of me went.  The one that thought I'd be able to get through anything (and I know I will.. one step at a time, I just don't feel like it right now).

I want chocolate, but I'm not letting myself have any.  I know I'll get through this, I'm just miserable and depressed.

Laterness & g'night.

No comments: