Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Resolve

So Friday I kinda got hit with a thought that I should fast.  I'm looking for a job, I need a home other than with my parents, and I need my husband here in FL with me.  I need a lot, and I need ... something to ramp up my praying for this, since nothing else seems to be working, and I am focusing on not getting discouraged.

My resolve is that I'm going to fast something... a bad habit that I picked up when I started staying with my parents.  It got worse working with my brother.  I'm giving up sweets (which I should have done anyway, this is why my weight loss has gotten so slow) until I get what I need.  I'm going to spend more time praying. 

I know what I feel led to do, and it's not working outside the home.  BUT I'm not at a place where I can make a living with it.  Instead, I'm going to do a bunch of things.  I'm truly feeling like I'm going to end up with a job at Michael's doing craft stuff.  I'm not sure why I feel that way since I'm sure they have plenty who can do that.  I also foresee that I'll probably end up giving candlemaking and soapmaking classes.  I don't know quite how to explain that.  Then again, my hunches have been wrong... I had one the week before last where I just felt I had to have a phone that worked at the warehouse, and nothing ever came of it other than a call from my nephew just before my mom walked in.

So, I fast sweets (which is going to mean detox and it's going to be VERY hard), and I pray. 

Oh yea, and one more thing.  I found a Tae Kwon Do school.  I'm going to go check it out on Tuesday.  I might even be able to keep my brown belt.  My daughter needs to go as well, I think it'd be good for her.  I found it through my pastor at church, and it's a Christian TKD school, like the one I went to in Branson when I lived there.   I'm all excited about that.

No comments: