Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19, Treating Myself

I heard from my Marine yesterday for the first time since my birthday.  Oddly, hearing from him made me feel better. 

Today, I decided that I was going to do some things to treat myself. 

I got a haircut.  I considered getting it colored, but right now I am putting it off.  I'll figure out in a week if I think I need to have it colored.  I may, I don't care for the grey in my hair.

I got a pedicure.  I'm planning on doing that once every 2 months for as long as I can.  I loved it, and they even put a design on my big toes.  Overall, it wasn't that expensive for that.

I also got myself a pair of sandals.  They look a lot like the ones I wore when I drove from Kansas City (well, Independence, MO) to NY for my daddy's funeral. Which led me to start missing Daddy, and missing the boyfriend I had back then.  I broke up with him about 2 months before Daddy died. Which led to me looking said ex up on Facebook, and actually finding him.  I guess his privacy settings have changed.  But the picture of him was hard to look at, because it made me sad.

Never date your best friend.  When you break up, you lose out on the friendship.

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but I have nothing in common with him other than the kids and the last 7 years spent living with him.  Most of the time we've been married, we've worked opposite shifts, so we haven't spent much time together. Sometimes I regret a lot from 2003 to 2004, but my life is how it is.  I can't go back in time, and wouldn't give up the kids even if I could go back.

Then again, my Marine is a part of why I left as well.  And not feeling loved.

Hubby says he loves me frequently.  He spoils me and treats me well. 

Anyway, food wasn't horrid today, but not great like earlier this week.  Water at least 66 oz.  Exercise... not much.

Now if only I could find a place for us to live that wasn't over $700 monthly.  We could do it, but just barely with our current incomes.

I'd best get to bed, before I obsess any more.  Laterness & g'night.

No comments: