Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, December 26, 2010

And Lunch - an Explanation of Epicurial Delights

So my lunch pretty much made up for the high calories eaten earlier today.  I am having a cup of what was originally supposed to be cream of butternut soup.  However, I changed the recipe some... I boiled the butternut squash in about 2 cups of chicken broth and added a sweet potato and 2 or 3 cloves of garlic.  Once everything was well cooked, I mashed it and added about 1 cup of 2% milk.  Lower in calories than the original recipe, which called for butter and half and half.  It's very yummy though, and very filling.

Looking at my protein and fiber stats, I may need to add in a 1 serving package of hummus and homemade pita chips made out of a whole wheat pita.  Dinner is already planned with 3 oz of chicken with 2 cups of spinach sauteed in 1 tbsp of olive oil with garlic.  Another yum. 

My goal is to increase the veggies, decrease the calories from the 1600 that I've been averaging and still make my meals tasty. 

No comments: