Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Starting at Christmas

I know there are going to be a lot of issues to get through in my journey.  After reading Allan's blog and joining his challenge, I decided to change my old blog about health issues in the news to a journal of my weight loss.  Yes, I have another blog (the one at http://www.thewoodedglen.com) but my other blog has more to do with gaming and general life.  Since people on the MUD that I play on read it, I don't feel like it's a comfortable place for me to work through the emotional issues I have with losing weight.  I know I have a lot of them.  I know I've had a lot of false starts.  That's why I want to write down what's going on in my mind.

Here's what I'm committing to, starting tomorrow
  1. I'm going to focus on tracking my calories. 
  2. I'm going to focus on getting at least 7 hours of sleep (that'll be much easier once we drop the 2nd paper route)
  3. I'm going to focus on exercise every day - there's a treadmill at work, Justin and I are planning on getting one at home
Three small things, since for me water goes without saying.  I drink 5 - 6 cups of water a day, each cup is about 20 oz - I really need to measure the cup to be sure exactly how much it holds.  I know what will help me re-lose the weight.  It's no longer baby weight, my baby is 2.  The weight is from when I was pregnant with my 5 year old.  Of course, I stopped at 208 lbs back in 2001, so I want to go lower than that anyway.  Actually there's a 4th thing
4. Journal my journey, work through the emotional issues that I have with regards to weight.
I know I have those too.

Join me on my journey if you dare.  It'll get ugly.  It'll get emotional.  I've definitely had my eyes opened as I've checked the calorie count(s) for a lot of my 'normal' diet foods.  Bean burritos made with whole wheat tortillas - fine, but one is going to be 200 calories.  I need to figure out exactly how it's going to fit into my diet.  I did decide that my favorite breakfast is going to be 8 grain cereal with blueberries.  This may be TMI but that breakfast keeps me regular, but I may alternate it with the omelet that I've gotten used to.  With the fake eggs and a slice of cheese it's not that bad calorie-wise, and I really don't notice much of a difference in the taste between the carton eggs and real eggs.

I also figured out that I can post through MMS.  That's a good thing, as I refuse to pay $25 per phone for Internet access for my BlackBerry and Justin's Internet capable Gravity III.  We pay for Internet at home, why add in the $50 extra to our phone bill?

Anyway, I'll post more later... maybe not tonight, but this post is a start to show that I'm serious.  I'm focused and I'm doing this.  This is who I'm doing it for...

My kitty girl (All kids names have been changed LOL - I chose Halloween pictures for 2 reasons, first I love these pictures, second it makes them almost unrecognizable if you see them in person - this is my blog not theirs)

My ducky boy

I've got another, but he's 19 and in the Marines.  He's stationed in SC and is engaged to be married.  Ideally, I'd love to be 'normal weight' when he gets married.

The 19 year old did hurt my feelings a bit when he was home earlier this month, and my reaction was to want to turn to food.  He got mad because he made plane reservations back for the wrong day not once, but twice and he told me he was never coming back to windy OK to visit me.  I loaned him enough money to pay for the plane fare back, but he had to hurry so much to get through security and on the plane that I got barely a hug.  Yea, that feels good after 10 years of single parenting.  Oh the joys of kids.  I know I'm not the only one to go through it, and at least mine turned out very well.  I'm so very proud of him even when he hurts my feelings.  There was a long time when he was so angry at the world, yet now he's let go of the anger and is a Marine.  Semper Fi.

No comments: