Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, December 30, 2010

No More Cheat Days

So when I was losing weight before, I always planned Friday as a "Cheat Day" where I could have one meal within reason and off plan.  I'm not doing that this time.  I didn't do it in November or whenever it was that I started South Beach before I failed miserably...

I'm craving something... I'm not sure what.  I just want to mindlessly eat.  Gum is helping a very little, though I've gone through almost a full pack this week.  Water isn't helping.  I'm debating getting a can of diet soda.  I don't lose weight very well drinking soda, but there are times I'm not sure what else to do.  The soda will at least help me grit my teeth through the rest of the afternoon.  Time is dragging slowly by and the long weekend is coming up.

4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I gave up cheat days several months ago and I've never looked back. It's definitely the way to go for continued weight loss.

Here are a few suggestions that have helped me get over that feeling of "craving something": 1 claussen pickle, caffeine free diet pepsi/coke, and Eskimo Pie no sugar added ice cream bars. The saltiness in the pickle seems to help ease any sugar cravings that may come up and the crunchiness in the Claussen makes it that much more fun to eat. With the diet soda, the caffeine free helps give me a feeling of having something sweet. Even though it still has some caffeine, it's much less than the regular diet sodas ... the caffeine might be what delays your weight loss. The Eskimo Pie ice cream bars are so satifyingly dark chocolaty without all the sugar and calories.

Hope this helps. :)

Lena said...

I left myself enough calories for a Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom ice cream bar. I will have to get pickles for work since I didn't have anything there I could have. Thanks for the suggestion :)

slimslampam said...

Lena...you know about my work so I can honestly say I sometimes go through a pack of Orbit cinnamon gum in a day! Dentist says it is all good and I do count the calories..Having said that, the best thing I have done is phase out sugar of all kinds...I would love the no sugar Eskimo bars but I know I can't handle them. I am MUCH more at peace with my cravings since I did this. A few almonds really help..a GOOD apple really helps with a wedge on light babybel cheese...It is all trial and error. As Allan says, finding what works for you. But cheat days? Not so much. Because during bad times, they lead to cheat weeks, months and years. We have known each other a long time and we aren't at goal yet. Time to try something new. We can do this! And btw, Laryssa and her pickle are onto something! I tried it! I like it!

Pam

Lena said...

Pam, I've phased out sugar as well. The only sugar I have is the Coffee Mate that I use in my coffee (corn syrup solids is the first ingredient) That is unless Sonic messed up the diet cherry limeade Justin got me and didn't put in the low cal syrup like they were supposed to.