Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 18, Finding a Voice

Tonight I wrote my first article in 3 months.  I think I did okay, it was for someone who likes my work anyway.  So I found my voice again.  Hubby read what I wrote yesterday and started in on me as to why I let the writing go like I did. 

Tonight, he went in for 6:15, he'll do the same tomorrow.  Looks like he's getting more hours, so I'm not going to feel so bad about him giving up the paper route we took for a supplement to his income. 

I wore jeans to work, only to find out the VP of our department was going to be in.  Since we weren't sure if she was there for my 'face to face' interview, I called and had hubby bring me a pair of slacks and dress shoes.  Of course, he brought my heels, so my feet are killing me tonight.  I also skipped walking today because of everything going on.  I shouldn't have skipped it though.  Tomorrow I'll make up for it.

Turns out, she wasn't there for a 'face to face' interview.  Supposedly she was there to get everything together to offer me a job.  Only nothing was mentioned for that either.  It's getting frustrating.  Two companies interviewed me, one it's been more than a month since they said they were going to do a background check then offer me a job.  The other, just doesn't even get that far. 

Anyway, status for today:
  1. 3 liters of water
  2. food on plan (yay! it was hard today, I had to keep myself from getting food from the vending machine because I was so stressed over the job offer/no job offer thing)
Otherwise, one day at a time.

Laterness & g'night.

No comments: