Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, Sun and Shade

Today was spent out in the sunshine, and I'm tired.  More than tired, ready for bed.

Church had a 'bike-a-thon' where I helped keep track of how many times the kids went around, while my kids played on the playground.  One of the other parents helped the girl ride around a few times, she's never done it without training wheels, and she didn't do that well at it.

Then we went to a BBQ downtown, more of a fundraiser, city-wide celebration.  Not only was there pulled pork sandwiches, but there were booths inside, and several inflatable playhouses outside.  One of the booths was Blue Star Mothers, and I signed my Marine up for a package from them, and I talked to them about coming by when they put the packages together this Thursday.  It was nice to talk to someone who has been there.  The only other one I know who has had kids in the Middle East is one of the women at work.

I got plenty of fresh air and exercise today.  I bought some shoes that I'm leaning toward returning as well. 

Now for yesterday... I'm still emotional about it, so bear with me. 

I got an email that I was going to have a meeting in my manager's office at 2.  The meeting was with the HR person for our building, and my manager was honest about it being a job offer.

Great.

When all was said and done, I wasn't offered the job I applied for, that I've done for the last 4 years.  Instead, I was offered a different job, they're 'expanding' the department. 

The job I have been doing, I'm not 'qualified' to do.  I don't have a little piece of paper from a college.  I may have a high IQ, I may have a photographic memory, but I don't have a degree, and don't live in Cincinnati, so I'm not qualified.  I am qualified to train the nutritionist they hired straight out of college, who has absolutely no experience in the food industry except what is learned in college.  She's supposed to learn everything in 2 weeks.  This is going to be a huge mess.  I just hope the company will continue to be able to process school foods after all is said and done.  It'll be worse if they mess up so bad that gets pulled, but my manager has tried to tell them they're making a mistake, and they're positive they're right, so it's out of our hands.

Hurt doesn't even begin to explain how I felt when I realized what had happened. My coworkers were urging me to apply for other companies, especially one that's moving to Oklahoma City this summer.  Never mind that I don't want to move to the city, or even near the city.

Then I got back to my desk, and got a call that I was declined for the mortgage that I applied for.  Yea, wonderful day.

Anyway, now that's out.  Food today wasn't bad, but was about 200 calories over, so I'm going to say no.

On the other hand
  1. Water over 3 liters
  2. exercise galore, running around, back and forth and everything
 I'm tired from everything and am going to bed early tonight.

Laterness & g'night.

No comments: