Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Evening and reflection

I ended up with under 1000 calories today.  I felt like I ate a lot for breakfast and lunch but when I entered it, it was only about 700 calories.  Then I had a slice of cheese and 5 crackers.  That went over better than the rest of it.

On the other hand, I did make lunch for 3 days this week.  I made pumpkin soup from a recipe I got in my email, then I doubled up the serving size.  Instead of making 6 servings, I put it in 3 bowls.  The recipe said each serving is 130 calories, so that's 260 calories per bowl.  I did make a mistake and put cinnamon instead of nutmeg in it, but it isn't bad.  Lots of garlic.  I'm trying to use up the cans in my cupboard so we have less to move.  I may make the same thing again, with a bit less garlic since I'm out.  I'll use a Mrs Dash type seasoning instead.  I've got another can of pumpkin, and a bunch of cans of beans.  I've got plenty of 120 calorie whole wheat tortillas so I can make burritos for lunches as well.  Those will be 350 to 400 calories each, but still not bad as long as I only have one at a meal and have an apple or something lower calorie for my afternoon snack.

Now the girl is sick, she kept throwing up tonight, so I called in to work tomorrow.  I'm staying home with both of the kids one more day so I can be sure they're feeling better.  I don't think we'll do t-ball tomorrow night, but my daughter wasn't too upset over it tonight.  She still wasn't feeling well when I told her we weren't going to go.

Overall, not a bad day.  I went grocery shopping at Aldi's tonight because I was tired and trying to hurry.  Normally I shop the sales at the grocery store with the most of what I need on sale.  The only thing I didn't get is coffee, so I need to figure that out.  I've got about enough for 2 more pots, so I may need to resort to tea until Friday.  I had to short the food budget for the week to have gas money for the truck to get back and forth to Justin's work.  We're still working out the kinks in the budget, but we'll get there.  I have never done well at budgeting, but I'm determined to do it right this time around.  It never mattered until I married Justin, he's just awful at keeping track of his spending and we've always had problems paying everything we need to.  That's going to change.

No comments: