Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If this is Austin...

I'm not terribly impressed with the pumpkin soup. I can think of a few changes to make if I make it again.

I woke up at 5 am and couldn't get comfortable. I was awake for about an hour, spending about 15 minutes sitting in the recliner in the living room. At around 6 I went back to bed. I felt sick the entire time. I still can't figure out if my problem is stress or I'm actually sick. I've felt ill all day so far but I have to work, so I'm just going to have to get over it.

I spent some time last night talking to someone I knew when I was growing up. I used to babysit her son, who is also on my friends list on Facebook. He has cystic fibrosis. When he was 11, his lungs collapsed from the crud that had built up. He's in the hospital for what he calls a 'tune up.' Basically, every other month when he starts losing weight too fast he goes into the hospital for blood work and to have his lungs cleared out. He has lived past the life expectancy that I heard when I first started watching him 24 years ago, but life expectancy for CF patients is now in the 30's. He is a fighter, and I fully expect him to live into his 30's. And there's no telling what advances will be made in the next 5 years, so it may be even longer.

Food is okay so far. I need to put it all into Spark but I should be around 600 calories.

No comments: