Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, May 16, 2011

Ending the evening with laughter

I still need to write at least one of those direct orders through Textbroker tonight, but my Marine called again tonight.  It was definitely more important to talk to him.  He's still down, but is feeling better than he did when he called a couple of weeks ago.  By the end of the call, he felt even better still.  That makes me happy, that I can talk to him and make him laugh.  I think it helps him to know that there are those of us around that care. 

I try not to tell him how much I miss him because he needs to be a grown up.  I might even be able to see him next month on my way to FL.  It means I get to meet his girlfriend, and she'd even get to meet the younger kids. 

The day went well otherwise.  I even got some walking outside while I was talking to my Marine... and he lectured me about quitting smoking.  LOL he knows me too well for being my son :)  I promised I'd quit by the time I move.  We talked some about how I regret that I was too heavy to do much with him, and I told him I've lost 45 lbs. 

All in all, a very good day.  Laterness & g'night.

No comments: