Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The moment I wake up, before I put on my makeup, I say a little prayer for you

Just finished watching My Best Friend's Wedding.  It's one of my favorite movies because it reminds me of an old boyfriend.  He really hurt me when he broke up with me for someone else.  He said at the time that this movie reminded him of us, but he didn't think I'd like it because the main character didn't 'get the guy.'  Of course, then the person he married broke his heart and he called me crying.  I truly believe that we get out of life what we put into it.  I also believe in karma of some sort or another.  If you're not honest, you'll eventually be found out.  That's just life.  That's why God says leave revenge up to Him.

Official weigh in is tomorrow for me, though Allan wants the weights Monday.  I'm just going to give him tomorrow's weight and leave it at that.  Of course, it'll skew my results a bit for the first week, but it'll all work out over the course of the phase.

I got aggravated with something I noticed about Justin today.  I had to get some clothes so I have something to wear to work other than just jeans.  We were at Ross and I had picked out some pants/capris, half of which were on clearance to try to go easy on the money.  Justin said he wanted some shirts.  It wasn't that he doesn't need the clothes so much as it just seems like every time I get clothes, he has to get clothes.  He gets clothes when he really needs them, then when he's with me when I need them.  Of course, this means that my reward for losing 50 lbs is clothes, not the tattoo I wanted to get.  Maybe I'll make the tattoo my reward when I hit 75 lbs gone... of course I'll probably need clothes then too.  I do have 3 pairs of jeans that I never managed to get into the last time I was close to 200 lbs.  I have 3 more pairs of jeans/pants in my closet that are a size smaller.  I did figure out that I was a size bigger than I always said I was.  The jeans I put on this morning are a size 18.  The size 20's are big on me.  There's no way that I really wore a size 20, it had to have been a 22.  Otherwise the sizes just don't compute.

Anyway, Justin is watching Sons of Anarchy, and it just doesn't interest me so I'm headed to bed.

Laterness & g'night.

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Pretty Woman and My Best Friend's Wedding are my two favorite movies of all time. And that part in the restaurant where they sing Say A Little Prayer .... my absolute favorite part in the movie!

Put away $10 a week or every 2 weeks so when you reach your goal of 75 pounds lost, you can have your new clothes and get your tattoo. And congratulations on losing 50 pounds .... I've missed a lot the past few weeks. I have a lot of blog-post catching up to do now that I'm feeling better. :)

Lena said...

Laryssa, I love the part in the restaurant where they sing Say A Little Prayer as well.

Thanks for the suggestion on putting money aside. For some reason, I never thought about doing that.