Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Growing up

I forgot how fast kids grow up. My daughter turned 6 in April. It doesn't seem possible. Yet she's acting more responsible, like an older child and less like the headstrong toddler I remember her to be. I've been very careful to talk to her like I did my oldest, yet trying to think of the things I was told as a child that simply weren't true. Like my hair was too thick. I also make it a point to tell her she's not fat, and she's beautiful, which are both true as well.

I never liked my hair but now it's much thinner. I'm not sure if it's the thyroid problem, which I know causes hair loss, or stress or my eating habits over the last few weeks. It seems my hair has been falling out faster over the last few weeks. I'm going to focus on the fruits, veggies and whole grains I should be getting. In the meantime, I've switched back to my pill vitamins and am taking the supplements I need. If the hair loss keeps up, I'll focus on getting more magnesium and zinc either in supplement form or through food.

Breakfast today was a breakfast burrito with about 3 tbsp of egg/turkey sausage. Total calories about 350 with the whole wheat soft taco sized tortilla and the non-dairy creamer in my coffee. I'm on my 3rd 16 oz bottle of water and lunch was a lazy 240 calories - 2 Nutra-Grain cereal bars, each 120 calories and 3 grams of fiber.

I'll put all the food into SparkPeople when I get a chance, but I already know I need more fruits and veggies today. I'll make sure to get some for dinner and snack. 1 tbsp of salsa isn't enough.

No comments: