Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 47 - Phase 5 Day 4

Let's just get confusing with all the numbers, why don't we?

Everything was on plan today, food, water, exercise.  I never noticed how much food they had catered in at work until I started the Challenge at Phase 4.

Today's triceps dips sucked.  I really struggled with the last set of 12, but I did them.  I'm going to be sore tomorrow though. 

I'm just feeling sad again tonight.  Tomorrow is payday Friday, and we have a bunch of stuff that needs to be paid.  Nothing is going on for Valentine's Day.  The church is having a date night, they do every year the Friday before Valentine's day, but I honestly don't feel like going anywhere with this cold.  I saw -17 this morning without the wind chill.  The Weather Channel has it at 12ºF right now according to my sidebar/gadget bar.

My sister and I were joking about if I won the challenge since Justin would refuse to go to NY, I'd bring her.  Of course we'd both have to find sitters, I don't think Mom could handle all 3 kids.  Not that I plan on winning, I just don't seem to be losing at the pace I theoretically should be.  At least the weight is going down, that's what matters to me.

I want to teach my kids healthy habits since we still have fights over dinner.  They both happily ate spaghetti tonight, though there was some whining from the 2 year old that he wanted cereal.  I measured mine out and will eat it tomorrow night when they have something else since I was following day 2 today for food.  I felt guilty telling them they need to eat what everyone else was when I wasn't eating what everyone else was.  My daughter has an issue with eating anything - she says she doesn't like chicken, she doesn't like broccoli.  She'll eat rice, even brown rice.  She just needs to learn to eat other foods.  She eats them at school. 

So I'm curious, for those who know more about Blogger, what's the point in followers?  Is that people that read your blog?  I noticed that a lot of people have the little gadget on the side, but I'm just not sure I understand.  I love getting comments and knowing people are reading what I write, but I don't rate my blog (or myself) on how many followers I have - if that makes any sense.  What I write is valuable to me if no one else.  There were a few days there where I was getting 2 hits a day, and I suspect both were me.  One from work and one from home.  I know my blog disappeared from Allan's blogroll when he moved to the new address.  I do have old friends from eDiets who read my blog, and I gave the address to a few other close friends, so I had people reading.  However, only one was participating in the challenge.  She still is, though I think she's been too busy moving to read many emails or other peoples' blogs.

Anyway, I'd better get to sleep since it's 11:30.  Laterness and g'night.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

You're doing great on the challenge!
I know what you mean about eating something that the kid's don't eat at dinner. Kind of stickler for me.. so I try to have the same meal for the rest of the family that I am having.. but maybe adding or subtracting items for them as needed. That way we are all having pretty much the same meal... or at least parts of it.

The followers to your blog are people that have your blog on their reader on the dashboard. I follow to keep the blogs I want to keep up on, so I know when there is a new post from them. :)

Jen said...

My kids eat what we are eating despite some nights being rough. I have one kids that eats anything and one that could live off apple juice and cereal if I would let her.

As long as the scale is going down....thats all that matters!