Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 50 - Valentine's Day Final

Everything on plan, I think I'm boring.  Used the shake (I followed day 2 today) as a substitute for the chocolate I wanted but didn't touch.  Started quoting White Lion as my Facebook status... Don't give up.

I had to laugh tonight.  Justin's grandfather gave the kids a Valentine's heart with 3 chocolates in it - one of those little Russell Stover ones.  When I got in the car, I looked at my youngest, and he had chocolate all around his mouth.  I asked if he had any chocolate left and he had part of one.  Apparently he didn't like the last chocolate.  On the other hand, my daughter had her chocolates gone before they had driven 3 blocks.

Exercise happened today like it was supposed to.  I'm getting the hang of the intervals.  I was happy to see stomach exercises included in the weight exercises.  My stomach isn't going down like it did last time I lost weight seriously.

They had a small auction today at work to raise money for someone we work with.  She's gotta be close to 80 and fell twice with the ice storms 2 weeks ago.  She broke her arm the first time, and I think a vertebrae the second time.  She's going to be in rehab for months if not more, and probably won't come back to work.  Anyway, I bid on a pendant in the auction as a reward for being down 15 lbs.  When I checked 10 minutes before the end, I was the top bidder.  Apparently it was sniped, because I didn't win the auction.  I was sad, but I'll look for a reward this weekend.  It'll be a non-food reward, obviously.  Maybe a trip to Ross is in the cards after we collect from the newspaper boxes. 

One of the girls at work wants to go walking tomorrow.  Since she said she doesn't walk fast, I may go ahead and walk with her anyway to encourage her since she needs to lose weight.  We did a walking challenge last year at work, and she lost quite a bit of weight, but she's regained a lot of what she lost. On the other hand, I didn't lose anything, though I did start walking almost 10k steps a day (about 4 miles a day for me).

Think I've jumped topics enough tonight.  I've got some research to do so I can apply for a freelance writing job.  Laterness and g'night.

No comments: