Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 58 - Sticking to the Plan While Trying Not to Fight or Stress

Justin and I got into a fight tonight.  I had to go to the grocery store to pick up WIC - or at least garbage bags, milk, cheese and fruit.  I ended up with one bag of frozen strawberries for the $6, so I'll have to be sure to make a smoothie for the kids too... I'll let the strawberries thaw a bit first since I know the duckie boy won't drink it when it's cold.  Already tried that.  Funny thing about smoothies, I never figured it out until I started making them regularly... we used to make them when I was growing up, but we'd call them frappes.  I grew up on a farm in VT.  In the summer, we'd pick raspberries on the side of the road after haying (the raspberry bushes were along the side of the hay fields).  We'd bring the berries home, and dump them in a blender with ice, milk and sugar.  Now, I dump frozen berries in the blender with milk and stevia.  Still yum, almost 30 years later.  Wow that makes me feel old.  LOL  I'll be 40 this year, and we did this when I was between 4th and 7th grade.  So anywhere between 9 and 12 I think.

Back to the fight, he's stressed about money.  I'm stressed about money.  I went to the store for WIC, called at 6:50 after being gone most of an hour.  I asked if dinner was ready, and he hadn't even started cooking.  Then he gets mad at me for asking him to work on dinner.  He had been exercising.  That's great, but he could have started dinner and kept exercising instead of getting mad at me for asking him to start dinner right away because I was hungry and wanted to eat before 8 pm.

For the new food plan, I'll have to figure out what's available at different stores.  The local Walmart downsized their food choices.  I looked for low fat cheese at the grocery store, and all I found was cheddar made with 2% milk.  No low fat provolone.  So, I'll look at the grocery store that has the most choices, and I'll look at Walmart, then I'll have to figure out acceptable substitutes and email Allan to be sure that they're okay.  I'll just have to do the best I can with what I can find and what I have.  I didn't see much for 100% wheat English muffins at this store either, though I've seen Wasa bread there.  I did find some low calorie whole grain English muffins, 100 calories for one... the same as the flat buns I like so much.  I didn't see any whole wheat English muffins at the bread store either, but I'll look again.

I'm feeling better about the money situation.  I think we'll still be able to move with the money we have saved and the money we get from our taxes.  Justin is sure he can stay with his grandparents, and the kids and I will stay with my parents in FL until I find us a place.  I was worried we'd have to pay for the apartment still while I was down there looking for a place for us.  I'm also considering applying for a writing job for About.com.  They have a topic open for Assistive Technology for those with disabilities.  Since my dad was deaf, and my stepdad and 2 of my half brothers are legally blind, I'm rather familiar with some of those devices.  I'd love to research more since deafness runs in my family, and my sister's son might have hearing problems.  Or my kids' kids since daddy was born deaf.  Of course it'll be a few years yet before I have grandkids.  My Marine isn't planning on it for awhile since his girl is a Marine as well.  She's not even sure she wants kids, but she's young yet.

I forgot to eat my apple, and I'm not going to eat so late.  I also forgot the green beans with dinner since the potato filled me up so much.  Still trying to make sure I eat all of the veggies and fruit on my plan.  I want to be sure that I'm healthy.  I'm still tired a lot, so I'm trying to focus on taking my vitamins and eating a balanced plan.  Of course the tiredness might be that my thyroid is still out of whack.  (I never did figure out that phrase, though I've used it occasionally.  I saw someone ask once what being in whack was since out of whack was bad).  I'd love to start on the low carb menus, but I don't have everything I need and won't until Friday at the earliest unless I raid one of the machines for quarters.

Not wanting to go to work tomorrow, though I did very good today at staying on task all day.  I had to work on fixing stuff that IT broke because they made changes without running a check first.  They retrieved out of date information and now a number of our products are listed as made at a different plant than the one that actually makes them. 

I need to start bringing old baby clothes to work, one of my coworkers has a daughter who is pregnant and living with him and his wife.  She's no longer with the baby's father and is going to school so she can get a good job.  I've got a ton of clothes that I put aside for my sister, but never sent to her because she got even more clothes from the baby's father's family.  I've also got a diaper genie that I need to clean out and give away, a play mat and a few other things that I'd like to clear out of the house.  Unfortunately, I gave away the baby bathtub.  Oh well, they're not that expensive.  I told the coworker I had been planning on giving them to the local thrift store but would give them to them instead, and he said that'd save him from having to pay for them once his wife saw them at the thrift store.  LOL

Anyway, Being Human is done, Warehouse 13 is done.  Not in the mood to watch Without a Trace, so it's off to bed.  I think this post has rambled enough for the night.  I can't seem to stay on one topic.  Hopefully the duckie boy sleeps through the night.  Laterness and g'night.

No comments: