Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 60 - One Month

So, I'm giving myself 1 month to update 2 of my biggest websites.  The ones that I've had the longest.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to leave my job in that time.  I'm praying really hard that either I get the patience to deal with more stuff that happened today that will be ongoing, or that I be able to leave the job.  The only thing that's even going to take a month is learning to use GIMP for my designing.  I'll also be relearning more about CSS and other web stuff I used to know.  I'll be hand-coding my websites for right now to help me remember the things I've forgotten over the years (as evidenced by my web design website, which has a lot of problems).  I'm going to start with my web design site to improve and make it what it should have been all along.  Eventually, I'll change the site to something else because I found a better domain name to use.  Or maybe I'll have them both as the same site.  I hate to get rid of the old one because I've had it for 10 years and I seem to remember it'll help with search engines.  I'll have to do more research later because I hate to have to pay for so many sites without an income from at least one of them.

I want to head to bed early, I hope it'll help with how tired I am.  Food was on plan today, water was good.  I walked on the treadmill.  All in all a productive day that will be topped off by starting to come up with an initial design for my design site.  I'll have to look for some free clip art.  If I can't find what I want, I have an artist box in the other room.  One with mostly pencils and one with crayons, markers, water colors, etc.  I bought a small one at Christmas for my kittie girl and a bigger one for myself.  I love to draw, like I love to write fiction.  LOL I also love to knit or crochet, which a dear friend of mine from the MUD can't believe.

It's not going to be fun next week.  There are people coming from the other 2 companies that were involved in the merger last fall.  Three girls are from Orange City, Iowa, one is from Cincinnati.  We have a pot luck on Monday, then will be eating out a lot later in the week, both for lunch and dinner.  I'm going to try to cry off on a lot of them because I don't want to leave Justin home alone with the 2 kids all week.

Initial impression, I like GIMP so far.  I definitely like it a lot more than I did when I tried it in '98 when I worked for the wireless ISP.  It has a lot of patterns for fill, though eventually I'll want more.  I can find lots of free patterns on the web.  I forgot how relaxing it is to design.  I'd better go to bed though.  Laterness and g'night.

No comments: