Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 73 - But Not a Real Green Dress - That's Cruel

Even better Bare Naked Ladies - If I Had $1,000,000 :)

Stayed on plan.  Whatever day has fruit cocktail & toast for breakfast.  Increasing my exercise though it's not on the plan... walked the stairs twice, messed up the day 3 weight exercises so I did a set each of tricep dips and lunges as well.  Oops.  Also did extra crunches (on purpose) and Tae Kwon Do kicks (12 front kicks each leg and 12 side kicks each leg).  I need to work on my form on the side kicks.  Its been too long.  I need to do punches next time.  I miss how strong I felt when I was in TKD.

One of my coworkers is in the hospital because of her diabetes.  She has this tendency of doing exactly what Justin's mother used to do.  She's even on the insulin pump.  She eats crap including fast food, empty carbs like regular pasta (not whole wheat), candy, whatever.  When her blood sugar goes up, she just hits the button for more insulin.  She's had issues with her blood sugar crashing the last couple of weeks.  The machine will beep that her sugar is too high, then it goes too low.  Everyone in the office has said something about how she eats at one time or another, but she doesn't want anyone telling her what to do.  I only hope this scares her straight, as she has a 7 year old.

I need to turn off the computer.  I got a late start doing stuff on the computer because of parent/teacher conferences for my daughter.  I haven't been sleeping well so took a melatonin pill.  I need the computer off while it takes effect.  Laterness & g'night.

1 comment:

minigrrl said...

I have that song on my running playlist. It reminds me of home (Canada) and my long lost youth! The playlist also has 'The Old Apartment' and 'Brian Wilson' on it...