Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, March 14, 2011

Who Am I?

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world.  There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
~ Marianne Williamson
I'll admit, I'm scared.  But, not only have my taxes been finished and e-filed, but they've been accepted by the IRS.  It'll take them several weeks to process them because I have to file an injured spouse claim, but the first step has been made.  I'm scared.  I want to move, but I'm scared of the unknown.  It's no longer just my Marine and I moving around (which we did a lot of, unfortunately), but it's a family of 4.  I CAN do this.

Food, was on plan, though I didn't finish my salad with dinner.  The dressing was just too strong, so I gave it to Justin to finish. 

I got the exercise I needed to destress at lunch.  I also got in a few punches, I just need to get one of those standing body shaped punching bags.  One of these days... I'll get back into TKD once I'm below 180 too.  I had been losing steadily until I hit brown belt, then after testing for my brown belt, I was asked what my weight loss goal was before I hit black belt.  I had a bunch of personal stuff hit at the same time.  I didn't end up carrying through on the additional 40 lbs I wanted to lose.  I was 208 lbs back then. I loved TKD and want to start taking those classes again.  I think Justin would like them too.

Half an hour before bedtime and I've got some more research to do.  Laterness & g'night.

**Edit: I'm not creating a new post for this update. I've got the application completed for About.Com. It's in the review queue, but may take a long time to review. The next article will be tomorrow. G'night.

No comments: