Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 90 - The boys of fall

I know this song is about football, but it makes me think of the soccer players at my high school (we didn't have a football team). It also makes me think of one of my classmates that died last year. I wasn't very close to him, but since our graduating class was only 108 people, and the school only around 400 students, we were in a lot of classes together.

The song also makes me think of my Marine, who was a football player and is a computer geek just like his mama.

I almost called in sick today. I just don't want to be here. Its taking a lot of energy just to walk to the printer. Bah humbug.

I'm focusing on work but its about time for my break. I'm taking it one minute at a time and I'll get through this. I went for a walk to clear my mind. I'll do the same this afternoon.

To deal with what we're being told, I emailed the internal customer that I'm having to put off and said we were given a project with a deadline of tomorrow so that project has to come first. I cc'd the manager that is over promising and haven't gotten a response from anyone.

This weekend I focus on what I need to do to start web copywriting. I'll add my brother's menu to his website and get the hosting set up on my hosting account.

My goal is to be gone from this job by the end of April. I found out one of my coworkers put in for another job, one with the city. He should get it since he has the experience. I don't blame him for leaving, but I hate to see him go. He's one of the few I can talk to about what's going on and know it won't go any further. The other two I can talk to are staying for now, but I know they're both looking elsewhere. One of them is the woman who used to be my supervisor.

One of the other departments in the building is having a pot luck with Braums ice cream. Yesterday was cake and ice cream for one of the people that's leaving the company - the HR person. I'm skipping it all but I was only tempted by the cake.

No comments: