Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 15 - Planning for the Week

Since I had got caught up on stuff yesterday, I had time today to plan for the week.  My salads are made up for 2 days this week, all I need to add is the chicken and the dressing.  I have 3 lbs of chicken breasts baking in the oven.  I'll split them into 6 oz and 3 oz portions for the week and put the rest into a container for Justin to have during the day.  I'm having a baked salmon sandwich and stir fried squash (zucchini, mushrooms and summer squash) made with 1 tsp of olive oil.  Snack this evening will be half an apple with peanut butter.  Water is where it should be, and all is right other than the Kitty Girl getting so engrossed in the TV she isn't listening to me.  I finally had to turn the TV off.

I did decide that I'm going to follow the exercises exactly instead of pushing myself to do intervals.  When I did 'normal' walking (pushing myself but not jogging like I do at least 45 seconds of the intervals) my weight dropped faster - I noticed the first week when I was weighing myself every day.  I'll be walking either at lunch or after work.  I'm going to bring the paperwork for the strength training and do that at lunch as well, at least as much as possible.  I'm going to have to spread them out throughout the day if last week's exercises are any indication.  I was sore afterward.

We're supposed to be getting a snowstorm tonight, though it has started snowing it's certainly not sticking around.  

Work will be quiet this week.  Everyone is leaving on Wednesday to go to Cincinnati.  Since I don't have a sitter when Justin does the paper route, I'm staying home.  There will be maybe 4 others that aren't going.  I know of at least 3.

The talk with the director of the department was interesting to say the least. The department manager job will be posted in the next couple of weeks, and my manager will need to apply, as well as her counterpart in one of the other companies that was involved in the merger.  They're still trying to sort out what will be done about the 2 supervisors once the manager position is filled.  The director said that she has no plans to make any changes to our jobs.  Her feeling is that if it's not broken, don't fix it.  I have mixed feelings about what she said, but it's all good.  Since my 6 month plan is to move to Orlando to be near my family, I won't be getting unemployment.  I'll have to focus more on having a secondary income from my writing.  It's all good though, I have a couple of places that I've applied.  Plus, I'm applying at some places in FL.

I will be so glad when 8 pm comes so I can send Kitty Girl to bed, as she's now throwing a fit because we have the water running in the bathroom to keep the pipes from freezing.  She's refusing to go to the bathroom because of it.  She doesn't adapt well to change, and I'm worried about her reaction to the move.  It'd be worse if her cousin was still living here in town instead of moving to Kansas City to be with my sister in law.

*edit: snack changed to pb on a graham cracker.

No comments: