Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 9 - Floating Away

After 10 years of 'dieting' off and on, I've gotten used to drinking between 80 and 100 oz of water a day.  The challenge has me at 146 oz of fluids.  I thought I'd have to push the water more, so I pushed to drink a lot of water this morning... I ended the day at over 128 oz of just water.  That's not counting my 20 oz tea this morning, 12 oz can of diet Pepsi, or 2 - 8 oz mugs of tea later in the day.  Wow, I think I'm going to live in the bathroom. 

However, other than being thin skinned this morning - what my supervisor meant was that I couldn't choose not to follow through on what I should have done.  There was nothing in her email asking if I had forgotten with everything else going on.  I told a coworker what I forgot, and what was said, and she rolled her eyes, so it wasn't just me. 

I have to say, now that I'm sure I understand what I'm supposed to be doing with the food, this plan is a lot like what the nutritionist at work had me doing.  Except it's a bit more intense (1200 calories rather than 1600) and a bit more structured.  I need the accountability, so if I slip I'm going to hear about it (right Pam???) I need to be accountable.  Tough love works on me, I promise.  I am working toward being accountable to myself too.  The thought of being at 192 before my 40th birthday is energizing.  I haven't been 190 lbs since 1994, just before I left my now ex-husband.

I finished today going from the plan that was sent out, the baked fish was yummy, and so was the spinach.  I still have the snack planned for later, and all is good in my world... now my house is another story.  LOL Kitty Girl is trying to be a bit too much help, and Justin is getting frustrated.  He was never a paperwork person and this new paper route has a lot of it. 

I did well at refraining from the emotional eating today considering I started stressing about dropping the other paper route and how our spending has increased because we had more money coming in.  We're going to have to cut back on the spending again.  We need to be more vigilant about where our money is going.  It's a bit scary to me because I'm such a control freak.  I think we'll be okay after we get through the first 2 weeks of being without this route.  I'll have to re-calculate everything once we get paid for the route we just dropped.

Time to go rock the Duckie Boy.  I was looking at my other blog and found the following that the dear friend who died of cancer used to say:
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the small, quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” -Unknown
 Enjoy your night and hug your loved ones.  Life is too short.  I'm working at making my life longer, but there are still no guarantees.

No comments: