Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 27 - Yee Haw :)

So I had a WIC appointment today for my duckie boy.  I always feel guilty getting WIC, I feel like there are others that need it much more than we do.  I almost said much more deserving, but it's not that we don't deserve it, just others need it more.  But (I hate starting a sentence with a conjunction, I can't find a better word in is case) but the extra milk comes in handy, and duckie boy loves cheese and peanut butter.  Plus the bit they give for fruits and veggies helps too.  And I got the kids back on Medicaid (called SoonerCare here).  We have money, we've learned to keep our expenses small.  That's the best way to get by.  We're living on 80% and trying to save at least 10%.  Always a good way to do it.  I do need to start putting more money toward bills on our credit report now that some of other bills are getting paid off.

On plan the rest of the night, finished out my 128 oz of water by the time I left work at 6, not counting the 40 oz of other fluids throughout the day.  Dinner was chicken with spinach, garlic and whole wheat spaghetti.  Snack was a 100 calorie Blue Bunny sugar free ice cream bar.  I'm not sure I'll buy more when they're gone, as I almost prefer to eat snacks with a bit fewer calories, ie peanut butter on graham crackers.

I thought it cool that the health department has put up all of this information on helping our kids get healthier.  This information wasn't there the last time I was there for a WIC appointment about 5 months ago.  They've changed a lot of their forms as well.  They're asking more about the vitamins that the kids take and whether the vitamins have Vitamin D in them.  They're talking more and more about healthy choices and fruits and vegetables.  They're talking more and more about getting the kids off their butt and moving more.  Hmm that sounds a lot like what we're learning here, eating healthy, move more.  Even with healthy foods, we need to put down the fork sometimes.  I want more to eat tonight, but I've had my calories for the day, so I'm headed to bed.  It's 10 pm anyway.  Laterness and g'night all.

No comments: