Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 29 - Another Week Begins

So tomorrow starts another work week.  It never seems like the weekends are long enough any more.  As time goes on, it's getting worse, but I have no one but myself to blame for falling so far from my dream job.  Until then, I've been looking at schools so I can go back for my degree.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. " ~ Maya Angelou
"Take the most difficult challenge you are now facing and turn it into the greatest opportunity to grow simply by changing how you see it. Dead ends then become turning points."  ~ Bob Perks
Since I don't like it, I'm going to change it.  Just like I'm finally doing with my weight, now that I have the encouragement and direction I needed.  The strength I needed was inside me, I just needed to have everything spelled out.  The strength I need to change my job situation is inside me as well.  I just need to follow through.  The follow through is the hard part, but I know I can do it.  It's just going to take determination and a whole lot of hard work.  

Water, I'm finishing my last 16 oz now - a bit late today, but church threw off my 'normal' schedule.
Food, on track.  I had all my snacks and meals as planned. 

I made chicken for the week, already portioned.  All I need to do is grab and go.  I'm not sure if I'm going to need to get more yogurt, but that's not going to be a problem.  Exercise... well I'm going to have to go in a bit early so I can increase my exercise to 30 minutes.  They don't mind if I go over the 'normal' 30 minute lunch as long as I get in 40 hours for the week.

Just watched Julie & Julia for the ??th time.  LOL maybe 5th?  I like it, and always see something new when I watch it.  But something caught my attention tonight.  They pointed out that a blog is all about 'me, me, me.'  That's true. 

Tonight, Justin got chicken nuggets and fries for the kids for dinner.  I'm so glad they didn't eat around me.  He took them with him to the laundromat so I had a bit of quiet time where I could take a nap.  It's sad, I know what these nuggets are made of... heck work makes some that are almost identical to what some of the fast food places sell.  Mechanically separated chicken... which is nasty in itself.  Add in the possibility of soy, which I don't eat much unless it's organic because I don't trust GMOs.  They haven't been tested enough.  We don't know the long term effects of the modifications.  Plus, soy is better for you if it's fermented soy, otherwise the phytoestrogen can disrupt 'regular' estrogen in our systems.  Granted, this is just my opinion, but the eastern cultures don't eat soy except in its fermented form.  Tempeh, and soy sauce.

Anyway, watching the rest of Hancock, then headed to bed.  I had wanted to see Hawaii 5-0 tonight, but the game seems to be running long.  Laterness and g'night.

No comments: