Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 8 - Lunch

Lunch was almost 300 calories and I am stuffed.  I cut a boneless chicken breast into 4 oz pieces (actually a 3.5 oz and a 4 oz piece) and browned it a bit in a pan with some nonstick spray. Then I put each in a small dish (I think it was originally made for an individual quiche) and I covered it with 1/2 cup of jarred sauce and cut up a light mozzarella cheese stick on top.  I baked them until the chicken was done and put on a tbsp of Parmesan cheese.  Yum.  Next time I really want to do it with my homemade sauce, but I haven't had time to make the sauce often since Justin started the 2 paper routes.

I got the giggles this morning, my scale tracks the net change for my weight.  So it said my last weight was 45 lbs and I gained 193 lbs.  Uhh some little girl was playing with it I think.  She tried to blame her brother but he's not 45 lbs.

Tonight is going to be a salad I think, with the leftover chicken as my lunch tomorrow.  Not sure what the protein will be on the salad, I have 2 kinds of fish, shrimp and chicken to choose from.  Choices, choices.

I am feeling so good, though I am low on fiber for the day.  After my loss this week, I'm not terribly worried about the pot luck coming this week.  Seeing the results of my minimal effort, just the time that I've had to put in to track what I'm eating... as we start Phase 4, I really think the weight loss is going to stay steady at 3 - 4 lbs at least until I get closer to 200 lbs.  It'd be nice to be more than 40 lbs down by my 40th birthday on Cinco de Mayo - Not that I celebrate it.  I've got a minefield before then with my daughter's 6th birthday.  We don't go out of our way for Easter.  There's a touch of candy, but I can ignore that.  It's the cake and ice cream for her birthday...

Hmm she loves the 35 calorie fudge bars, maybe I'll just do cake and those... I can enjoy my fudge bar while everyone else is eating cake... I don't know that I can get away without having cake for her, I should probably just refrain from baking it myself.  I'm less enamored of the store-bought frosting than my homemade buttercream frosting. 

I've got 4 months to deal with that.  Right now it's one day at a time.  549 calories so far today (counting the 2 sticks of sugarfree gum that chewed on at church).

No comments: